Monday, September 5, 2022

Freya's Birthday!

Freya had a birthday recently and I wanted to take her out to celebrate. Sammy flew in from England to join the festivities. Unfortunately, Siebe is in Australia on family business. We'll catch up with him for his birthday in October. 
We started out on my favorite beach. The weather was glorious and the water was refreshing after sunning in the heat. It's been a little warmer than usual. Ordinarily fall arrives around the first of September but it's a little late this year. Anyway, a temperature of 90 F is just perfect for the beach.
We went to Brichs restaurant in Falset for dinner. It's one of the places we took the group from Barons Creek last June. I've been there a couple of times and the food is excellent! Also, I have a friend who works there.
We had a fantastic meal as you will see below. 
Sammy and Freya went to Barcelona on Saturday to do the big city thang. Sammy caught the train back to Tarragona on Sunday afternoon. I gave her a short historical walking tour. We than had lunch at a restaurant I like by the marina. It's called l'Ancora. My Spanish friends make fun of me for going there because they think it's touristy. I like the food, however, and they throw a mean plate of patatas bravas. 
I took Sammy to the airport this morning and she's now back in rainy England. ¡Pobrecita!
THANKS, Y'ALL, FOR GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Your boy kickin' it on the beach. Got the cooler, book and umbrella. Cerveza not pictured.

Sammy and Freya.

These were our starters. Grilled endive in chicken broth. Heirloom tomatoes with olive puree.
Livin' it up!

Two kinds of croquettes. Roasted chicken with truffles below. Jamon iberica above.

My entree: Confit of braised lamb shoulder with plantain, cocoa and cashew sauce.
Yeah, baby!
You can see Freya's tuna steak in the background. There is a big tuna fishery not too far from here.

Sammy's entree: Canelon catala.
You really need to watch this short video of Freya explaining dessert. 

Sammy at the Roman amphitheater.
Balco del mediterrani
Sammy got a butterfly tattoo in Barcelona. It was done by a woman known as "SeƱorita Dinamita" (Little Miss Dynamite). Apparently, tattoos are relatively inexpensive in Barcelona. If any of y'all are thinking about a little ink, I can hook you up!


Sammy with a demolished plate of bravas. One of the many things I like about her is that she loves patatas bravas as much as I do! She just had braces on her teeth and is trying to conceal them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment