Sunday, September 25, 2022

Lunch with friends

 I had lunch on Thursday with two of my favorite people from the village. Pilar on the left. Montse in the middle. Friday was Montse's birthday. Montse is my landlady. Her birthday coincides every year with the Festa de Santa Tecla in Tarragona. This year marked the 700th anniversary of the arrival of the arm of Santa Tecla which is kept in the cathedral. Every September 23rd (weather permitting) the arm is paraded around Tarragona in a huge procession. This year the weather didn't permit. A super-cell thunderstorm settled over Tarragona late in the afternoon and dumped five inches of rain in less than two hours. There was widespread flooding. One of the restaurants I like to take friends to (l'Ancora) was almost swept away. You can check out the video.

Montse, Pilar and I had a lovely meal in a sweet little restaurant called Les Coques. A couple of the highlights are pictured below.

                                                                   ¡Buen provecho!

Pilar and Montse at Les Coques.

Dessert of fresh figs with vanilla custard. ¡Si hombre!

Starter of mandolin sliced melon with jamon iberica.

¡Feliz cumpleaños, Montse!


This is the area I like to take my friends to eat. It's adjacent to the marina in Tarragona. So sorry to see this.😢😢😢



No comments:

Post a Comment