Sunday, March 10, 2013

Springtime update

I've been back in Catalunya a little over two weeks and thought you might like an update. We've had tons of rain here and all the irrigation reservoirs are full. There is water running strong in the Siurana River and the Ebro is bank-to-bank full. Needless to say, the farmers are ecstatic. It's hard to put too much water on this area at this time of year.
There are wildflowers almost waist deep in our vineyards. I don't mind because they prevent erosion and you wouldn't believe how good they smell. I would estimate there are about five honey bees per square foot. If you stand out there and close your eyes, it's like being in a perfume store next to a saw mill.
The wines are coming along although a bit slower than I'd hoped. I'm chasing around all day trying to get things done. I've come up with a new slogan;
"Spanish wines with a Texas accent."
Please let me know what you think.
The snowy pictures were taken one morning from our new balcony. It only lasted until noon but you can get an idea of the view. Our new landlady and her family have been very welcoming. I'll post some interior views sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment